RE: [DL] Funeral (Book o' the Dead?) (Mild Spoilers)

 >> Craft, cards or clergy - nobody rides for free.
 >
 >Is it not true, though, that the reason the Blessed have no backlash and
 >whatnot is that their miracles' energy, though originating in the Hunting
 >Grounds, is transmitted from the Hunting Grounds via a /safe/ channel?

Yeah.

 >This is what F&B says, if I'm not mistaken, though GD has a contradictory
 >statement about the Blessed's power coming directly from the deities in
 >question. Since F&B is the source for info on the Blessed, I'm inclined to
 >lean in that direction, and your description sounds like you do, too.

In a way - but I'm never adverse to changing the rules for my game when
something better comes to mind.

It also helps to keep the knowledgeable players on their toes.  For a
similar reason, in my game the Ghost is not the same person that is
published in the books.

(minor spoilers)

That, and that whole head shot/harrowed thing.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

If a man dwells on the past; he robs the present.
If a man ignored the past; he robs the future
                 -Master Po.