Re: [DL] Range Wars/Great Rail Wars

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 10:50  PM, Matthew M. DeForrest wrote:
> GRW is much better (given preferences), although I'd highly recommend
> their
> publications on terrain construction.

The biggest attraction to GW products is the same attraction D&D has:
almost any gamer has experience with it, and it's easy to find an
opponent.

> Base them consistently -- that's all that matters.  I use washers
> because it
> allows me to use a magnetic base to keep them in their place.  If you
> subscribe to the list, there was a discussion on base size.  Most are
> slightly different but the washers are popular (mine are a little over
> an
> inch).

I'll have to see how they fit on GW-style bases. If I'm sufficiently
motivated, I should use my Dixie Rails squad as a really bizarre Space
Marine force in a non-GW sanctioned tourney at the end of the month.

Soldiers = Space Marines
Sharpshooters = Terminator
I think there's a Steam Wagon I can use as a razorback...

Hmmm.... Since I'm known at my Local Game Store for being 'The Deadlands
Guy' it'd all be very fitting. I may have to make an emergency
purchasing trip to fill out the ranks though...

> --------------------------
> (Off-topic, your quoting system doesn't quite work right with most other
> mail readers, making edits somewhat difficult.)
> --------------------------
>
> Hmmm.  What's odd?  I ask because I do it manually -- the dashes are
> minus
> signs and the quoted lines are straight from the messages.

No big deal... it's just different enough from the internet standard
(indenting with '>' characters) to be noticed.

> Thanks and take care.

Will try, especially as I've now decided to contemplate something rather
ludicrous.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)