Re: [DL] Range Wars/Great Rail Wars

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:56:21 -0600 "Alex and Heidi Johnson"
<heidij31@chartermi.net> writes:
> Actually, that is helpful.  Just the fact that you can play with that
> small of a group is good to know.  After trying to keep up with
Warhammer
> for a few years, I stopped even trying.  In order to play I needed way
too
> many miniatures.  Knowing I could start small is a good thing.
Besides,
> it doesn't look like Pinnacle changes the rules every few years.  : )

You theoretically could play with that few figures, but I wouldn't
reccommend it.  500 point games are the norm.  Depending on the army you
pick, that can be any number of figures.  Wasatch is probably the
cheapest army to play, dollar-wise, because Automatons cost so many
points you can't really afford too many.  Playing Iron Dragon is only
wise if you've got a lot of money to burn.  All of their troops are
dirt-cheap, and thus you've got to buy a lot of figures.  I don't think
this is a deliberate money-making scam on PEGs part (if it was, they'd be
able to keep the minis in stock more).  The seven factions actually
provide just about everyone with an army that can suit their playing
style.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku