SV: [DL] Two guns vs Gattling

I'd think as they doubled the ROF for pistols in 2nd Ed. you can just double
the ROF for Gat's as well

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Brom Clancy [mailto:spleen23@webtrolls.com]
Sendt: 18. marts 2002 05:45
Til: deadlands@gamerz.net
Emne: [DL] Two guns vs Gattling

The marshall said unto the players "I shall run a Bad-
Ass Deadlands game, make thee up charaters ugly as
sin, vengfull and bloodthirsty, make thee up
charaters who were unloved by thier mothers and with
no goal but to kill things. And so the players made
up Bad-Ass charaters, one of which was a figure
desinged to intimidate, a 7 foot giant covered in the
scars of the artillery shell that had torn his right
arm away and the seared and puckered flesh from the
burning house that he had been left to die in. His
shoulder bears a articulated mechanical arm engraved
with images from the darkest chapters of the bible
and clutched in the metalling claw that is now his
hand is the most feared hand gun in the west, a
gattling pistol

Yet in every gun fight the two other charaters with
two peacemakers out shoot him every time.

With a good shootin': automatics and a roll of 15 at
close range the gattling pistol can hit with 3
bullets.

With the same skills and range and a 4 rolls of 7 a
charater with two-fisted can hit with 4 bullets for
the same 3d6 damage.

Any yahoo can pick up two guns and with 2 rolls of 7
and two rolls of 11 can can hit 4 times with lower
rolls then the gattlin', and they dont even have to
buy the belongin':gattling pistol or Two gun kid.

I would think that a clock work gun can turn a
revolving barrel and flip back a hammer 9 times in
the same ammount of time that a human can pull a
trigger twice.

Let a gattling have a ROF or 3 with each one being a
burst of three bullets, with raiseing negative after
each burst the gun will probally only hit 3 or 4
times and 9 bullets spraying into a room will support
the reputation the gattling is supposed to have.

And after 9 shots the guns empty and takes forever to
reload, making it pretty game balanced.