Re: [DL] Eulogy Update - relic use

On Monday, March 18, 2002, at 09:38  AM, William Ogden wrote:
> In my campaigns, I used relics twice.  The first time I let the
> mundane, non-death incarnate gunslinger pick up a couple of relic
> pistols, to give him something cool and neat (everyone else had hexes,
> miricles, etc.)

I've done this. It's a good use of a belongin's edge. An Enlightened
martial artist has an extremely nice sword that can cut real way... The
only 'taint' is that it is extremely obvious when this power kicks in.

> The 2nd time I handed out a "disposable" relic to help deal with a
> particular bad guy.

I haven't done this. My posse tends to consider the assciated taint too
much of a problem... Also, I don't plan on explaining the relic they've
got in game terms until someone 'adopts' it.

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)