Re: [DL] The dreaded Gatling debate [Shane, HELP!]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allan Seyberth" <darious@darious.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [DL] The dreaded Gatling debate [Shane, HELP!]

> At 08:16 PM 3/18/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>  >> Plain English;  "Yo, Shane!  Does a Gatling have a ROF of one burst of
>  >three
>  >> bullets or a ROF of three burst, three bullets each?"
>  >
>  >I'm not Shane, but it's one burst of three bullets.  When ROF lists a
>  >multiple of 3, it's done in bursts of three bullets.
>
> Short.  And to the point.
>
> As for a two fisted gunman outshooting the gatling pistol, well, that's
why
> I adopted a house rule where double actions now act on the hit-and-raise
> mechanic of automatics.  (Which also cuts down on the number of die rolls
> needed during combat).

I adopted a similar rule.  Any weapon with a ROF over 1 is treated like an
automatic in my game.  Plus, "double-tapping" a revolver introduces an
additional -2 penalty.  I feel like a double action revolver is gonna
require more pull on the trigger to get quick shots off than a semi-auto
pistol.  But thats me and my game, YMMV.  Tho it's not like we've used it
much, the players seem to prefer single-actions and the chance to fan.

That, and the two fisted two gun kid gunman could have a Gatling in each
hand...

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang