Re: [DL] DeadLands d20 ... love it? hate it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard A Ranallo" <toadpooka@juno.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 2:26 AM
Subject: Re: [DL] DeadLands d20 ... love it? hate it?

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:43:19 -0600 "Lord Jobe" <lordjobe@bigfoot.com>
> writes:
> > I've heard of FUDGE, but I have too many games I've paid money for
> > not to use (GURPS being one of my own
> > favorites).
> > I also saw an easy pot shot at LARPing, so I took it.
>
> Good thing FUDGE is free.  It's not much of a rules system on its own,
> but it's a good toolbox for designing one.
> I was wondering whether or not you wree serious about using The Wolf's
> LARP rules for Deadlands.
> "Hmmm...you mean that, regardless of my abilities, I've got a 1/3 chance
> of success and a 1/3 chance of failure?  Hey Stone..."
>
> From Whom It May Concern,
> Rich Ranallo
>
> "Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
> -Prof. Michio Kaku

Actually, the trait bidding system in the LARP game mechanics would prevent such a thing from happening.
It's the reason that if you LARP a 4th or 5th Gen vampire, you will slaughter someone stupid enough to
engage you in personal combat.
Stone would be in the neighborhood of a 4th or 5th Gen vamp were you to try some sort of conversion.

---
"You can observe a lot by watching."
 -Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Lord Jobe, God of Psiberspace (The Landscape of My Mind)
"Universes Exist in My Mind."
ICQ# 17774785