From: Jeff Shoffner [mailto:shoffner@usit.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 6:20 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Jewish gunbunny

Question for all the knowledgeable gun bunnies out there.  Is it possible
for the Gunslinger in Stephen King's novel (drawing a blank here) to reload
while shooting?  I think King had him removing empty shells with his thumbs
while firing.  Now, I'm not asking for feasibility, I'm asking is it even
remotely possible?  Someone mentioned the Colts had a doo-hickey that popped
out single casings through an opening to allow reloading one shell at a
time.  Would it be anywhere REMOTELY possible to say an expert gunslinger
could be tripping this pushrod with his middle finger, have his thumbs
slamming in new shells (that he holds in his hands while also holding his
pistols) while firing?  I'm just musing about the reality of the Gunslinger.
Well, that & my personal gunbunny tells folks that's how he's able to reload
while firing. (Well, actually, he's using the Reload Trick, but he ain't
telling THEM that......)

Jeff S