Re: [DL] keeping players alive

At 12:21 AM 4/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Keep THEM alive?
>That's their job.
>Mine is to make it as difficult, interesting and fun as possible for them
>to stay alive.
>Otherwise, I suggest they might play D&D or something.
>My cardinal rule when explaining DeadLands to a newbie:
>"If you ain't careful, your character will end up dead.  Just like these
>poor sods in my own Boot Hill".
>And I show them a stack of over 35 character sheets.
>"Some died quicker than their boots hit the dirt.  Some lead tortured
>undead existences, begging for death."

When I demo the game, I like running a Night of the Living Dead scenario
with handout characters  in which they all get swarmed and eaten by
zombies.  It has much the same effect as what you do.

>William Eric Watson

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't
cure."
                 - Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)