Re: AW: Re: [DL] The Guru of EVIL

--- markus.finster@chello.at wrote:

> > >I'm seriously thinking of sending him to HoE.  I
> think he'd do well
> > >there.....

You know, I have been thinking on this. It seems like
all of his, well everything, is combat-based. How
about taking that out of the formula. Let's take a
comic book example. In a straight-up fight, Batman
would kick the Joker's ass everytime. Heck, go get a
copy of the Joker's Apprentice one-shot. The Joker
says in there that the number one rule is: Don't fight
Batman.

So what do you do? You either make his skills useless,
or ineffectual. I am not as up on the martial artists
in DL, so forgive me if some of this doesn't work
exactly.

First off, every man's, even a deadman, gotta sleep.
Nothing is scarier than having someone mess with ya
when you're asleep. Move stuff around on him. If he
can sense people screwing with him personally while he
is asleep, fine, just move his stuff. Otherwise, build
up to doing stuff to him.

The next thing to do is play on his weaknesses. He has
got to have some. Even a combat monster has some.
Maybe he is easily provoked. Or just is so sure of his
skills that he isn't afraid of attackers. Use these to
bait him into a trap of some sort. One he can't muscle
his way out of.

My other suggestion is also a comic book one. In one
of the X-men books a while back they had the Xavier
files. Basically the Prof's notes on how to take out
the X-men. His suggestion for Wolverine was to take
him out from a distance and behead him.

Well your martial artist wouldn't be too effective in
a narrow box canyon with a couple of gatlings sitting
up top aimed at him. I know this may seem extreme, and
basically like planning a way to kill him, but I am
not suggesting killing him, I am suggesting building
in situations to make him begin to realize he is not
truly unbeatable.

Nothing mor humbling than having a villain telling you
that he can take you out with a snap of his fingers
and the character knowing it is true.

My two cents,

Fred J.

=====