[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20020530-3

>I'm sorry, but a saloon gal is boring.  [snip]

>Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory

When I first started playing, one of our female players rolled up a saloon
gal that you would've like, Marguerite.  First off, very good at grilling
male subjects.  Played her "greedy" hindrance to a "T." (Never did get that
engagement ring back....) Oh, & my favorite; we're stuck in a Spanish
mission with a bunch of pistoleros everywhere.  We need a distraction so
that folks can get the heck out of there.  What does Gail do?  Dany (her
character) strides out into the middle of the mission, hops up on a table &
starts dancing for all those lonesome men. (I still hang my head when I
think of that one)

But to be honest, Gail got tired of that character & rolled up another one
later.  Something of an Ayn Rand type character from Atlas Shrugged, best I
can figure.  (Daughter of a rail baron with a strong will, & a keen sense of
the business.)

Jeff S