[DL] RE: When did Black Chip become official Re: Crying posse (Black Chip debate)

Hey all,

> The game I run is first edition deadlands so we use the old rules about Legend
chips, that they stay in the pot permanently (short of
using them to cancel a black chip) once they are there
but that the posse has to get a rep (via tale telling)
in order to achieve legend status. I also follow the
fear rule, you only get a legend chip if your actions
can result in a lowered fear level. As a result the
party has very few legend chips to their name but
we're all a bunch of first edition nuts anyway and
they seem to like it.
Because of this, the black chips they earn do not
leave the pot unless countered by a legend chip. As a
result I generally only consider a long term fear
level increase, or a major bad de-railing of history
to be worthy of cursing the party like that.

Well I already responded to the main post as to what I my opinion was on the matter but after reading certain posts have to ask the question. Did PEG make the black chip a official part of the game? I have been playing HOE for a long time and don't recall ever hearing that it had.

Sean Henke