Re: [DL] Battle of the Cauldron and a second questin

> Howdy Janne,
> You wrote:

Yup, I sure did!

> JMOV> For marshals only. You player types, shoo!
>

> We  were  talking  about  it  a  week ago. I've run a game where posse
> played  the Union soldiers. There was one bigger battle but instead of
> getting  my players into centre of that hell they got order to execute
> special  mission  behind  enemy  lines. They had to blow up ammunition
> yard (?) to prevent Confederates fire.
> I think that such missions are easier to play than whole big battle.

Thanks for sharin', Barman.
I was planning to marshal a long session next weekend, with my posse on
the Dixie Rails' side. Starting with the start of the conflict and was
thinking about doin' the whole hullabaloo. Not day-to-day, but I've
planned a scene for different phases of the conflict.
First, they'll travel to the site, and learn, that BV has also an
interest. Then, they'll succesfully destroy a UB train quite easily. Then
I start throwing in the fractions, and finally, throw in all of the sides
and a hell of a fight as the grand climax.
None of my players has seen an operating automaton. I only wonder their
reactions when they run into five.

I'm hoping to create a feeling of a campaign gone wrong, the posses unit
will become stranded behind enemy lines and so on, and the sabotage trip
will turn into a fight for survival.
Any hints, tips and ideas are welcome, of course!

--Hulkin' Finn