Re: [DL] Hucksters

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew S Pulido" <talison@netnitco.net>

> So, in my opinion, Hucksters are very effective as long as they put
> themselves at risk. But that goes for every character in this game, don't
> it?
>
> What do you think? How do other Huckster players deal with this?

Hucksters are my favorite AB to play (so far, at least), however, I will
also admit that the Backlash Table scares the willies out of me, and I don't
even know everything that is on it.

The way I deal with it is by looking at the risk vs. rewards factor.  I ask
if it is going to be worth the potential consequenses to use the hex in
question in a given situation.  The addendum question that gets asked is "Am
I willing to spend chips to get the success if I fail with the first roll?"
(assuming that it is a time sensitive situation, like in combat).

I had a Hexslinger (in the days before Shootists :) who didn't use her hexes
often, but when they did, they tended to pack a wallop!  Yeah, it was worth
the risk of backlash to be able to have a pistol that did 3d20 damage for a
few shots.

I am generally conservative with the hexslingin', but I don't tend to let
the fear of the backlash potential scare me into never using the ability
either...  After all, where's the fun with no risks?

Tif