Re: [DL] Lost Colony type of question [OT]

Fantaphage wrote:
> Q: If a ship or space station had a hull breach, would the vacuum of space
> crush the object like an empty soda can or rip it apart from the inside out?

Neither!

There's no pressure in outer space.  Therefore, it would not be crushed.

Also, the ship's hull would have to be reinforced to handle the fact
that you have pressure on one side and none on the other.  Therefore, it
would "rip apart" either.

Now, depending on teh size of the breach, you're going to lose all the
air eventually, unless you have bulkheads.  In addition, items that are
fastened down will be dragged towards the breach.

But you're right - this belongs on lc@gamerz.net, not
deadlands@gamerz.net.

SeanMike

--
"We're possibly too dumb to live." - GWAR
"The intermittent connection you are experiencing is due to a giant