Re: [DL] Blessed Hucksters

>  >I guess one must consider who's going to play the character. I'd have no
>  >problems letting a good player take the combo.
>  >The two ab's and all the necessary skills take so much points that when
>  >creating such a character, that it could not be very good in anything.
> Not true.  Do the math.

You definitely did. :)

I didn't. And admit, that it clearly can be easily abused.

> Even if you don't get a munchkin in place, and you get someone who for some
> reason decides to not take complimentary powers, the sheer volume of
> special abilities given to such a player (16!) guarantees that they will
> dominate over any other player in the game.  There is already a tendency to
> blow off "mundane" types just to get the extra powers that AB's give on the
> cheap.

Of course, if others would be creating normal starting characters, this
would be a definite issue to keep in mind. And yes, it would be a killer
combo, I'm not disagreeing on that. But I wouldn't outright deny it
either, since it's very logical and even interesting consept.

At the moment I have two players who lost their characters, and there are
three characters in play. Two of the tree chars have been in play for a
good while. The char with the most time ingame (and thus, experience too)
has, for an example, around 20 to 25 points in edges IIRC, hexslinging 6
and so on (after about 3 years of playing with the same char). If one of
the players without chars would come up with the buddhist monk idea, it
might fit into the campaign, as it will be difficult to create characters
that wouldn't be at least a bit overshadowed by the aforementioned
huckster. At least without giving a bit of bonuses, which I propably have
to do.

Hopefully, none of them reads this mailing list, so they propably won't
come up with the idea.

---Hulkin' Finn