[DL] Reno, Nevada

> On 7/19/02 12:19 PM, "Mary Payton" <cougar_1877@yahoo.com> wrote:

> P.S.  I've never read the Donner adventure, although I love studying the
> Donner party (I live in Reno, NV, so it's a part of our local history)  Are
> the Donners harrowed?  What about the rest of the party? And how do they get
> around the fact that the Donner Party happened a good 10 years or more before
> the Reckoning and the campsite was burned to the ground by the Californians
> who didn't want the tragedy to deter folks for coming out to California for
> the gold rush?  Do they even mention that...or am I letting my love of history
> get in the way of my love of fantasy?  If that's the case, my bad.

Hi Mary!

My posse is heading for Reno next session and I wanted to do some research
on the area.  Can you point me to some on-line history of the area?  (And
the Donner party*?)

I'd be much obliged!

Thanks!

Derek

* It just occurred to me that calling it a "party" is funny! (In a really
twisted way... ;-)