RE: [DL] old post, but mainly directed at Chris McGlothlin....

At 11:10 PM 8/4/2002, Mr. Chiddicks wrote:
>I always thought that the South was just a little hypocritical when they
>resisted West Virginia's secession from the Confederacy. Secession only a
>good thing when its to JOIN the CSA?

         Seceding from the Union may or may not be legal*, but dividing a
State without its consent is expressly forbidden by the U.S. Constitution.

         *--Please, no one start this argument here. Don't even think about
it. It's an argument that you cannot resolve. Talk about religion,
politics, abortion, or gay rights first. Or better still, just don't go
there at all. Thank you.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_