RE: [DL] High Noon rules

>I personally don't like them because they make players think in terms of rules and wargaming rather than the fluidity of a piece of interactrive fiction. When I absolutely need some representation of where people are in relation to the bad guys i use simply cardboard counters - as abstract as possible. This is of course purely a matter of taste - I just wondered what % of players use the real thing.,

I have a wipe off battle map and I just bought the cardstock cowboys (since the last game session we ended up using dice for people), because I SUCK at explaining where everything is with 7 PCs and usually a comperable amount of NPCs.  My group is mainly LARPers, so they are used to knowing where everything is, but aren't much for the 'wargame' mentality.  Once the group gets used to the system (and I get used to it as well!), I'm going to have a time requirement for planning moves, just to prevent this kind of problem.

- Eddy