RE: [DL] Handling Combat with Undead

<snip thread about how long it can take to kill walkin' dead, and problems
of mook rules when applied to walkin' dead>

Part of the issues I'm seeing brought up can be dealt with by deciding how
important an encounter with walkin' dead is.  While the mook rules don't
explicitly kill walkin' dead because you don't hit the head necessarily, a
zombie with no midsection is pretty much ineffective.  In theory they could
use an arm to drag themselves towards an opponent, and could still bite, but
is that really important?  So tweak the mook rules to let walkin' dead
absorb an extra 50% damage (to reflect the deader's immunity to pain and
all), and assume that any enemies that aren't actually head-shot get taken
care of in the aftermath.  Unless the posse is a bunch of newbies, and the
walkin' dead are the big ending -- then use detailed wounds and apply large
penalties to deaders with 5 or more guts wounds (to reflect the, well,
structural damage to the body).

Assuming the mook rules work on even dead mooks will keep things rolling
along.

Please forgive the bluntness of this post -- I've got a headache the size of
a mojave rattler, but I wanted to try to chime in...

Jeff Y.