RE: [DL] Radio Western protagonist profiles update

>Of course, I've gotten the impression that Dillon
>fought for the North during the Civil War, and it just
>doesn't seem right for Dillon and Chester to not be
>partners.

Hm, maybe Chester's a Texas Ranger?  He's working the disputed territory
around Dodge because of its importance to the South.  But because it's
disputed territory, he's gone undercover.  His cover is of a wounded Texas
soldier (accurate and how he got his limp) who got tired of the war and
moved to Dodge.

He helped out with a couple of trouble spots in town, and to his surprise,
Dillon appointed him his deputy (as Matt might have pointed out, "According
to the United States, all Southerners are still US citizens.  As far as I'm
concerned, that means you can be my deputy.").  Chester has gained a
profound respect for Matt Dillon and sometimes it keeps him up at night
wondering what might happen if he has to choose between his duty to Matt and
his duty to the Rangers.

If you want to drop the whole intrigue thing, then just go with the cover
story as fact.  He got wounded and saw some horrible things during the war
(atrocities committed by both sides) and moved to Dodge to get away from it
all.

Anyway, my two cents,

Clint