Re: [DL] Fortress O' Fear

--- Jeff Yates <jyates@primaryfunction.com> wrote:
> Greetings Listers!
>
> Any Marshal's out there that ran the Heart O'
> Darkness trilogy, got to the
> last book (Fortress O' Fear), and decided to plug in
> their own crunchy bits?

Certainly! With all due respect to the good folks at
PEG, having Jackie was a bad idea. Best thing to do is
to figure out a way to remove her from the story line
as is suitable for your posse.

> I'm running my posse thru the set now, and was
> wondering what alternative
> endings anyone has actually used.  Post to the list
> if you feel like sharing
> with all (with spoiler space please!), or respond
> off list if you've got
> extensive notes you'd like to share.  Keep in mind
> I'm likely to, um, borrow
> any good ideas! ;-)

I recall someone suggesting instead of having the
aliens in Devil Tower, you should have the automaton
Hellstromme there to receive the Heart of Darkess and
sort of make things go full circle.

> Regardless, I'm planning on writing up some
> post-mortem notes on how things
> have gone for my posse while going thru the trilogy
> for the list's review.

Can't wait to see them.

> (Did I mention that they almost blew up the
> Cathedral of the Church of Lost
> Angels in the middle of L.A.?  Mix one fire breating
> demon with one posse
> memeber with 6 sticks of TNT and 2 rockets and you
> get a good reason for a
> player to spend chips!  That'll have to go in my
> write up...)

Cool!

=====
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress.
Want Deadlands stats for your favorite radio Western heros? Go to http://www.geocities.com/sittingduck_1313 and click on Extras.