: [DL] Mad Science Arcane background and other questions

Just finished with my friday group of DL.

I have a MS who's last character was a MS. He NEVER makes anything. He
always plays a doctor. Which is ok, cause he's good at that part and enjoys
that kind of character. However, first time he just took MS then he took
both MS and Huckster with this background. Also it's always Alchemy.
However, the group pushes, prods, threatens and yells but he never makes
anything. We don't know why.
Also, why is S&R's potions so cheap? When he gets his initial potion it cost
something like a grand for some simple things. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. So
what does an Alchemist get when he is first created? Could someone go over
the rules again?

Now an other question:
The armour changes. Do the Light duster/leggings/etc. in S&R mean they
subtract damge or do they still lower die types? If they subtract damage how
much?