RE: [DL] Thoughts about the Epitaphs (For Shane, mostly)

> >However, I also believe, that there is a horde of PEG-fans like me out
> >there, that play but one of the PEG games. That makes a lot of people,
> >who do not want to pay for a 140 page book with maybe less than 50
> >pages of usable content.
> Sorry, but I'm not so sure your above statement is as true as you think it
> is.  I think that the Pinnacle fan base crosses over much more between WW
> and HOE.  Not everyone may play both games, but they *buy* both games to see
> where the story is going.

I'm not sure about the size of the horde, but it definitely exists -- for
an example, I've never physically met a person playing more than one of
the lines.

> Theoretically, Pinnacle could publish Epitaphs along themes, alternating
> between WW, HOE, and LC, but I don't think gamers would particularly prefer
> that.  Let's say the Epitaph can be published biannually (2/year).  That
> means for a specific game you're going to get 1 useful issue every year and
> a half.  I just think gamers would rather get less material directly useful
> to their individual game if they got it on a faster schedule.

That's the gamble -- do they? If not, good for peg, and if they do,
Epitaphs won't work.
I'd think, anyway, that the amount of fans not willing to buy combined
products is lot larger than those that specifically prefer them. Ie. more
sales are lost by combining them than by supporting them individually.

---Hulkin' Finn