Re: [DL] The wichita witches - information and updates

Mr. Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed. wrote:

> At 12:43 AM 11/16/2002, cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:
>
>>    My latest pet project for deadlands is them leather clad witches
>> for Black River.
>>
>> I am trying to find out what spells they use, and their common
>> tactics used by these ladies from hell.
>>
>> Can anybody point me in the right direction?
>

>         I'm too buried under Mutants & Masterminds stuff to get to my
> Big Orange Pile, but if that info's anywhere, it's in _The Black Circle_.
>
>         Hope that helped--back to the D20 supers for moi.;-)

Thanks for the help.

 From what I understand the wichita witcha's magic pretty much comes in
three different orientations.

1. Combat - One of the reasons why the Wichita Witches are so known for
their gunplay is they...well cheat by using magic to augment their
combat abilities.  When they really get ticked, they have a tendency to
cast the big scarry spells that are more blatant and direct.

2. Influence: After Mina herself, most witches use their spell casting
to charm people and put them through an emotional rollercoaster.  They
are also not beyond a curse or two neither.

3. Summoning: From Hellbats to the Hanging Judge themselves, the witches
often summon dark things to get the job done.

I'm kinda working on a prestige class for these lovely, yet dangerous
ladies that is primarily a NPC class, but also might allow an
exceptional player to take it as well).

What are the witches known for?