Re: [DL] Query [one of you is likely VIRUSED!]

> By chance is anyone else receiving virus infected spam from "owner-deadlands
> <owner-deadlands@gamerz.net>"?  This is the second one I've received in two
> days.  Of course someone could just be trying to use an address I'd
> recognize...

It could be the klez.h virus, or a variant.  The klez.h will skim Outlook for
good address and then send a virus out with a forged header.

For example, John Smith is a member of the listserv and is infected.  The virus
comes from John's computer but the header states that it came directly from
owner-deadlands@gamerz.net.

Check the full headers of the virused email, it will often provide a clue as to
the real sending domain/location.

--
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com