Re: [DL] I'm back, with a question regarding Dominion

> Dominion UTTERLY confuses me.
>
> So..it gets set at the very beginning.  Then, as per
> BotD, it gets checked every time the harrowed wakes up
> from slumber.

Actually, you check once at the beginning of each session (presumably for
ease of play).

> Total Dominion occurs when the hero has
> NO dominion points, but how do you lose dominion
> points?  It seems like the hero and the manitou are in
> a constant upward race.

You seem to be under the impression that total dominion points increase as
the hero and the manitou gain them. That ain't how it works. There is a
finite number of dominion points equal to the hero's Spirit die, which are
divided between the hero and the manitou. If the hero gains one, the
manitou loses one; the same is true in reverse. The total number of
dominion points between the hero and manitou never increases, unless the
hero raises his Spirit die type.

B. D. Flory
Freelance Writer/Editor

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
                                       -Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses