[DL] Wow! Talk about a bunch of posts!` [half OT, half not]

Man, ya take an 18 hour nap, and miss out on all the fun! (fighting evil
nasty viruses; for some reason, by body just likes to shut down for a long
time)

Five, count them, FIVE digests for one day!  And of course, I want to chime
in just to hear my own voice....

Mr. McGlothlin;  wow, you have mafia ties where you can contract out hits?
Every time you post, you add more depth to your personality!  Oh, and don't
be so negative about Dead Presidents--I thought you did an excellent job
with the adventure, & I'm sure lots of others think so too.  Of course, (to
show my skewed thinking) I liked "Something About a Sword....."  :-)

Marguerite; I've always typed your full name--you should be happy!  And you
don't like Buckaroo Banzai???  What's wrong iwth you; that was a hilarious
movie.  Even based my primary DL character on Jeff Goldbloom's persona.

Lost Colony & why folks argue over it:  I'd have to admit, I was a little
let down with what I read.  To a point, it seemed like it had been edited
poorly (references to things & people that aren't in the book), & seemed to
focus on too few people.  Of course, I didn't read the marshal's section,
and apparently I need to read Banshee Screams in order to fill in the
blanks--didn't know that last part until today.  I'd probably play it as a
player character.

Doomtown or Bust is a pretty good source book I think; right up there with
City o' Gloom.  Whoever wanted to know, yeah, I'd suggest buying it.  Lot's
of concept "seeds" for making adventures.

Accessories for DL:  Clint pointed me to a place that has historical
replicas; forget the name.  Has great pieces like badges, poker chips,
cards, replica guns, etc.  I'd recommend you search for it, or ask Clint
nicely for directions.  For my personal preference, I like the Marshal of
Deadwood badge; very elegant.  My friends had to have the Texas Rangers
badge, but I guess I'm a nonconformist.  As for why Pinnacle doesn't put
these things out, long ago I asked something similar & was told that such
things don't bring in enough money to warrant production--ie: it's a losing
proposition.  Still, this place had some great items.  I've been meaning to
buy a bunch of the 'dance girl' tokens to use for fate chips.

The rest I'll just ignore for Chris McGlothlin's sake.

Jeff "I told you I was sick!" S

ps:  there are several spots to enter the Hunting Grounds.  Without giving
away things, I'd suggest checking out City o' Gloom, Doomtown, Ghost
Dancers, and one of the Back East books (I think).