Re: "Re: [DL] Stone's stats" OR "Attach a spoiler damnit!"

Spoilers. (see, it's easy)

The creators of Deadlands have placed the material for
the game in three sections, Posse territory, no-mans
land, and Marshals only. This means that they at least
believe that there is a seperation of informations.
Stones stats appear nowhere in ANY player available
section. They believe in keeping the mystery of
certain things alive and so do I.
Secondly I believe that this list uses a policy of
attaching spoiler information to ANYTHING that is not
in the player available sections. If it did not I
would have forbidden my players from joining this list
because I do not want them to have access to that
information. I enjoy the secrecy elements of
deadlands.
Third, even if that might scare the players... that is
NOT another marshal's decision to make, that is mine.
You can tell your own players whatever you want... you
want to do those to other peoples players you are
potentialy ruining their game. That is quite simply
rude.
If Marshal's CANNOT be bothered to put spoilers in
front of important and sensitive information then
those of us who actually keep the players OUT of the
back of the book have no choice but to ask our players
to unsubscribe from the list. Since the people who run
this list have made it a policy for people to do so...
theoretically there should be no problem. Spoilers
should be placed in front of all messages containing
sensitive information. Stone unequivocably qualifies
as "sensitive".
On other lists people who ignore placing spoilers in
front of information are booted, it is considered a
breech of ettiquette. Here things are a bit more
forgiving... but that doesn't change the fact that you
should respect a fellow Marshal's decision to
with-hold information about the game from players in
his group. The game designers built it into the system
and some of us find it enjoyable.

Marshal_Black

--- "Bryan Campbell (Scooter)" <scooterinab@yahoo.ca>