[DL] You have to pay to play

No, this isn't about charging access fees to games. I'd be more likely
to end up paying my players for the abuse I give them, but then again i
usually buy the sodas, so all is well.

If you aren't a marshall, you may want to skip this one...

Anyway, my posse is heading to new orleans to find a widget I described
earlier, To do so, they will need to enter a high-stakes and very
exclusive game run by and for manifested demons that I've decided takes
places on rare special nights in the ghostly remains of a burned out
tavern that no one seems to want to rebuild on.

Anyway, this sounds good so far, and since I have both a 'gambler'
Huckster and a Blood Mage this plot seems amusing.  But one challenge I
want to add is an 'entrance fee' and I'm having some trouble here... so
far my best idea is that it can only be paid in 'stolen gold' so the
mostly law-abiding posse will have to either become criminals or raid a
thieves' den for the entrance fee. It has to be something relatively
simple and quick (no fetch quest to resolve part of a larger fetch
quest) but i want something that's got a properly occult feel to it to
let them know that they;re going into someplace dangerous where they
aren't in charge and pulling a gun would be bad.

Once they get in, they'll have to enter a low-stakes game for an hour
or two to earn the ante for the higher stakes game (a soul) and between
the two they'll be offered a nice faustian deal to lose in exchange for
wealth, power, and the secret of how to be attractive to women and a
'good enough' widget to obtain their goal.

So, any ideas for a suitably creepy entrance fee to a demonic poker
game.