Re: [DL] Werewolf: the Savage West

Ahroun, Philodox, Theurge, Galliard and Ragabash (not represented here) are
social roles determined by what moon one was born under.

Ragabash (new moon) are the tricksters, those who poke at the traditional
world of the Garou, either to ellicit change or to make the others
understand the traditions better.

Theurges (crescent moons) are the closest to the spirits of the Umbra
(roughly equivalent to the Hunting Grounds). They deal with benevolent or
malevolent spirits, and enact a lot of the Rites that keep the Garou alive.

Philodox (half-moons) are the judges, peacekeepers and negociators among the
Garou. They're expected to know the Litany (Garou laws) and to serve as
judges whenever conflict arises among the Garou.

Galliards (gibbous moons) are the bards and tale-tellers, keeping the old
traditions and stories alive, teaching lessons to the young Garou.

Ahroun (full moon) are the war leaders and premier warriors of the Garou.
They lead all charges and only back down after the others have fled.

Hope this helps...

-P-A