Re: [DL] Deadlands Darwin Awards, was: Harrowed Death Wound Chart

Here's one.

There was a session once where  my Pinkerton, a gunslinger, a shaman, and
another gunslinger (the victim) and a NPC Church Certified Vampire hunter.
Well, we took out most of the undead goons while the vampires either held up
in the saloon or town hall (built like a fortress).  Well, to wind things
down, it was the Main Vamp vs the whole posse inside the town hall, with
several Vamp Goons. Well, we dealt with them pretty well, but the
"Gunslinger" thought it would be a good idea to toss a barrel of gun powder
(he found in a shed on a hill) at the main vamp.  With a great roll, the
Main Vamp caught the barrel and held it above his head.  Well, the shaman
shot a flaming arrow at the fuse.  In that moment, we realized EVERYONE had
to beat feet out of there.  The Vampire was about to throw the barrel at the
retreating posse.  The NPC Hunter told the group to run.  He had some holy
water to spray at the vamp. (He was doing the sacrifice due to his wounds
and knew that everyone had to go.)  The "Gunslinger" used his pistol to
shoot  the hands of the vamp.  Well, the shot went in the right area but hit
his wrists.  This caused the wrist to SHATTER and the barrel landed at the
"gunslinger's" feet, with a few seconds left on the fuse.  Needless to say,
that he went BOOM along with the fortress Town Hall, the Vamp, his goons,
and the Hunter.
After this, the player asked if he could draw a card for Harrowed.

C M Hylton