Re: [DL] Kids

Technically I have had two kids in my campaign, and a
third that was created as a character but never got
played.

The first two were Billy "no relation" The Kid, and
Maggie "six Guns" (or "DeadSnake" if you come from a
little town in ohklahoma called HellsBucket) Jensen.
The thing about both these two was that neither was
actually built with the kid hinderance because it was
assumed that they were more mature for their age.
Because of the mechanics of kid, it seemed like a
death sentance to most of the players and they avoided
it but still wanted the concepts of youthfull western
heroes.
In Maggie and Billy's cases, both were gunslingers.
Maggie had run off from home, Billy was traveling
cross country to go live with his grandma for a while.

The third case was a self taught huckster named
Annabelle who was an orphan after she had wound up
killing her parents in a backlashed soul burst. The
kid issue was a serious one here to, and she went back
and forth about her decision to take the hinderance a
number of times before finally settling on keeping it.
She never got played though, she was built as a
back-up character in case the players blessed mormon
went belly up. The mormon never did before the player
left our group so we never got to see what happened.