Re: [DL] Savage Worlds

 > Yes, but I also think that DL and HOE are going to die out due to a
general lack of interest from the creator. As a writer and an artist I
understand. The reason for
 > creation is not the same as the reasons for nurturing an art piece.
PEG has their heart in SW, and have handed DL to Knuckleduster
Publications. As long as KP still
 > has the spark DL will do okay... but if not, bye bye to all the new
stuff for DL. After that even the hardcore fans will lose interest as
they seek out a new source for
 > their own creative release.

I wouldn't say PEG has lost interest in Deadlands at all. It's just
that, as Shane said on the forums, SW is the new thing and it's just
going to make PEG more money, which they still need to pay off the
staggering debt incurred by the whole Cybergames fiasco. Also, Deadlands
is going to be harder to support as it's a mature game line and many
people are going to have most, if not all, the books. Therefore, PEG is
going to be able to sell less DL stuff as people are going to need less.
That's why the Epitaph was created. I don't for one second doubt Shane's
commitment to keeping DL alive as long as us fans want it alive (or at
least Harrowed ;) ). That's why he signed the agreement with Mind's Eye
Games to produce the new DL stuff.

Blarg. It's almost 4:00 and I found out today that, despite feeling
fine, I have mono. I need to sleep.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times