Re: [DL] Greatest Light Cavalry Gene

<<snip>>
This general would then make hit and run attacks and sweeping end runs on vastly superior forces, always under the delusion that he was fighting for his original cause. The question is, who should this be?
<<snip>>

I'm not student of history, but the first names that come to mind are the confederate guerillas like Bloody Bill Anderson and Quantrill, sorry I don't recall his first name. Both these generals wood come out of the south raze towns and disappear back into friendly territory, not necessarily controlled by southern forces, but populated by southerners sympathetic to their cause. These tactics aggravated the north so much, with their effectiveness and brutality, they still considered the guerilla forces criminals after the war and regular southern forces were pardoned. Jesse and Frank James as well as the Younger brothers were members of both of these guerilla forces during the war.

Bob