Re: [DL] About the Reboot...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brett Dixon" <balance@tubas.net>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: [DL] About the Reboot...

> here's something I jsut posted to the forum that applies equally here:
>
> --
> Shane's new Shooting Blind has been posted with some serious Deadlands
> news.
>
>   As a small suggestion to everyone, sleep on this.
>
>   Keep in mind the big picture. As Shane says, it's a weird market to be
> publishing in, and he's not fooling around with more than a game we
> love. He loves deadlands, too, but he also has to keep his family
> clothed and fed. There's a lot of issues involved here.

I don't have to sleep on this before airing my opinion.  It won't change.
:-)

While I would really, really prefer that the original rules were used, so
long as the text is good ... and it sounds like it will be ...  I'll be
happy.  Most of us should have little problem converting it to the old
rules.  After all, it's really only the stats and the like you have to worry
about ... right?  And since we have the material for converting from
Deadlands to Savage Worlds, that shouldn't be too bad.

~ Mike