PC kills PC was Re: [DL] "Mundane" Death

Definitely depends on the group.  If a PC gets sent to Boot Hill because of
bad decisions, the player gets heckled by the other players here.  No one to
blame but yourself for dumb plans.  I've had characters die by totally hosed
Guts/Scairt Table rolling when another player decided to play puppets with a
dead bandito.  I've had players seemingly get possessed by chaos manitous
and threaten the town marshal (who usually just ran the general store...)
and wind up with the marshal rolling well and the player going bust and
taking 86 points of damage to the neck from a shotgun... and I didn't roll
the second barrel...  the poor town marshal/shopkeep rolled all of a 4 on
his Guts check vs. the carnage and fainted.

'Course the talked about deaths are more cinematic and memorable and involve
the main villain.  But we know who to blame if we don't make it as far in
the story as that.

To put a new twist on this thread:  how many groups have had one player kill
another player?  Have any problems with it?  I've had Shamans put some
favors on themselves and their bows, then go bust on the shootin' and peg
another PC in the back (thankfully with lots of chips available -- something
like 9 or 11 wounds came out of that one arrow but it was veeerrry close to
a death), and had the posse take down harrowed that seemed to have lost it
and one PC that was a werewolf.  No qualms about it, just the realization
that these guys were great boons the to groups until they went bad.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the Dynamite Gang