[DL] what the????? beware large attachment

ok below i am leaving the e-mail which i received from the list, in it bob edwards responds to dan sulin, i have a problem i never received the sulins first post, i only know of it through the edwards post, and i think i am not receiving more posts form other members of the list. i am using hotmail and have checked all my other folder and have not seen these posts, anyone have any ideas thanks.

and now i respond to both of these posts

From: "Bobby Edwards" <starwarsvader@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands, Wow what a rant
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:31:23 -0600

From: "Dan Sulin" <grandmasternilus@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:23:47 -0600

Wow Jac, you really don't like Savage Worlds do you.
Some thoughts
1) First you complain that a harrowed super character you described is almost unhurtable(with a very high toughness), but then you complain that your buddies Mechanic Character only had a D4 in the repair. Maybe he should have took less combat related edges and skills. I kinda have a feeling that this character has a shooting at a D12 and a bunch of combat edges. If your character concept was mechanice, I think the first thing he should have done was bought that skill at a fairly high level.

NO that's not right. This character was converted by my marshall to SW, not me. I had 5d8 in trade:mechanic and tinkerin in classic, so my char was a very good machanic. Now he has a d6 in repair.

ok, i know bob and know this character and will agree that he is a tank, but that is the tool which most DL adventures call for, characters who are just smart enough to figure out the problem and bad enough to kill the problem, most important skills in DL, GUTS, scrutinize, fighting and shooting, dodge, leadership. you can change up the order but guts always comes first. that's the point of the game, something bad happens, find out what caused it to happen, find big scary behind it all, kill big scary behind it all. the longer a character in DL is played the bigger of a combat monster he will be, i hate to say it cause i hate to see it. but PC who cant fight tend to die when the big bad shows up. i mean you cant talk that walking dead into not ripping your eye-balls out and using them as click-clacks but if you put a bullet in his skull he sure wont be able to even try.

3) Rounds of combat are all relative in an RPG. Yes in Savage Worlds you can do less in a round of combat then in classic deadlands, but so can everyone else. So it balances.

It's not that I can do less, but some of the powers that allow you to keep extra cards in combat are now useless. All they let you do is draw more cards. The big bonus was that you got to act more than any body else cause you had these powers that made you incredibly fast. Now these powers have no advantage. You get to go as much as everyone else.

the point here is that unholy reflexes, draw, and other such powers and abilities lost their point. a pc using these abilities was superman fast, well not that fast but still. i don't like that fact but here's to the hope that reloaded deals with these problems in a manner i like, hay if nothing else the book looks pretty i might by it just for the art.

4) Everyone is entitled to there opinion and your might be valid. But presenting them in such a ranty form while using such foul language doesn't help convey your point. It just makes you look like a barely literate dumb ass who watches way to much South Park.

Now I want to know why you think he is illiterate. Do you think that only illiterate people use profanity. I think this comment is a personal attack agins Jac and is not in good taste.

i am the last guy to talk about profanity, but it seems that everyone is trying to just politely insult someone in these recent post on this list. just come out and say it. if you can dish it you should be able to take it. no in response to bob, he did not write illiterate, he wrote barely literate. now in response to mr sulin, i think we all can agree that jac is not barely literate look at the size of the rant he posted. i know jac, he's a bright kid you should not blame him for such a poorly worded and organized rant. no place the blame sir where it truly belongs, on the educational system in this country. i mean jac is valedictorian of his graduating class.

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger ? learn how here! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize