Re: [DL] Indian Questions

Been a while since I ran an Indian, so let me see if I can answer this from memory.

1. Not that I recall.

2. Gaurdian spirits have specific favors they grant. I don't remember what the wolf is, but he still needs to be doing appeasment rituals.

3. I think a tomohawk counts as an axe.

4. I hope the character took the "ferner" Hindrance.

I'll have to look at the book to verify some of these questions, but the player is definitely abusing things.

For any of you that have run with, run one, or have had one in your group I need some insight.  I have never had an indian in my Deadlands group before (old style not D20).  My good friend has now decided to run one for whatever reason and did so 10 minutes before game time so I have had no time to be prepaired for it.  He was "pretty sure" that he had a the rules down but I would rather have more to go on and be prepaired so here are some questions.

1)  We have a huckster in the group and a mad scientist.  My friend who is a Warrior chief with a wolf guardian spirit seems to think that he can see all the spirits around them and knows exactly what they are up to.  This is starting to cause some friction in the group as he voices his displeasure with the "Palefaces".  Can he in any way see the spirits or know of them around the characters?

2)  He constantly consults with his guardian spirit as if its omnipotent and knows all.  Not only that but he expect answers on the spot.  I have done my best to give him "signs" but that just seems to rub me wrong.  I have not had a chance to pick up the book this week so can someone please tell me if this is possible?  Can he just "commune" with his guardian whenever he pleases, get answers consitantly, and does he need to do a ritual of some kind?

3)  A Heavy Stone tomohawk is the weapon he uses.  Does this count as a "bladed" weapon or is it just more of a wedge with weight behind it?  This is a question I need answered ASAP

4)  Ay idea's and sudjestions are welcome as I have never had an indian in the group before and I want to keep things smooth and enjoyable.  So adventure hooks, dealing with or how others actions towards the indian is all new ground to me.  Please help.

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!