Re: [HoE] MAD MAX 4 [slightly OT]

>> I read about this one about a year ago, but it was just in the very
>remote stages then.  Gbson has
>> said he definitaely does NOT want anothe Mad Max movie, and I think I
>agree, especially considering
>> what I've heard about it.
>
>care to elaborate?

  I can't elaborate, but I can tell you what I've heard...

   I remember reading an interview with Gibson when he was on his "Post
Braveheart Oscar interview kick".  He was asked if he'd ever do a Mad
Max movie again, and from what I remember he said he would if the script
was right because it was fun making those movies(and I'm sure the
paycheck as to be just as "right").  Of course, his opinion may have
gone a complete 180 since then- those Hollywood types are fickle
bastiches.
    IMO, if they don't get Mel they shouldn't do a Mad Max movie.  The
only thing more insulting than leaving Mad Max out would be to have
someone else play the Mad Max character *shrug*.

-Damon Harper
 "I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything, I still
  believe that people are really good at heart."
		                        -Anne Frank