Re: [HoE] The Amish...?

(blam)
>>        My Rules for Amish would be the following:
>>
>>        All PC Amish are Blessed..
>>        All must take the Pacifist Hindarence (any level)
>>        All take "The Old Ways" Oath
>
>   I would definatly tack on "All thumbs", take Pacifist to it's
>*highest* level, and anyone who klings to the "old ways" should take
>intolerance(non-Amish) at some level.   I would also keep in mind that
>they would be as rare, if not more so, than Blessed(IMO) because they
>are more peious(sp?) than anyone and yet they still wound up in
>Armageddon with the rest of us- those that *did* survive I imagine would
>be just as mad at the Big Guy(tm) as the rest of us.

Just one thing - be careful of over-stereotyping the Amish.

Not too long ago, a couple of Amish teens were arrested for selling
narcotics in the Amish community.  Coming back from Gen-Con, I shared a bus
with a couple of Amish.  (At least I assumed so - there dress was standard
Amish)

If you think about it - in the alternate future of HoE - the Amish would
probably be far more prevalent.  (at least before the g-bomb)

After all - there is direct proof of the actual evil of technology.  Well,
never mind, there is currently in the real world direct evidence of the
evils of technology, so I'm probably just babbling.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Janeway:
Its primary goal was no doubt to get back to the Alpha Quadrant...and it
probably misses its dog.