Re: [HoE] It's Hammer time!

<< On a similar note, would you grant picks an AP bonus in combat?  I think
 I would but if the user goes bust the pick is stuck. >>

you bet I'd give the bonus and the penalty.  I've used picks before(damnedest
things I've done being a geologist) and when they get stuck, they can be
nearly impossible to get out, with all the wiggling and prying, give it at
least 2 rounds.  And to illustrate on how that might work, the company I used
to work for had me getting off manhole covers(slightly bigger than average,
covering sewer access at a roadside rest) the manhole hook didn't work and
they gave me a pick to use.  This had worked once before so I gave it another
go.  I set the pick, gave a heave(all 140# of me) and set myself cartwheeling
30 feet across the parking lot since I gave way and it didn't.  Glad the
truckers weren't watching.  So if you whack a big ol' mutant with armor with a
pick and go bust.....

velkyn