RE: [HoE] Katanas

<snip>
>    This I agree with.  But then again, can't this be said for just about
> any swordsman worth his weight- or steel?  Just look at olympic-style
> fencing.

When I first saw fencing and started learning it (circa 1981) I didn't think
there was a chance in h*** that I'd be able to judge it (we judged our own
in practice as practice for judging and to analyze other peoples technique).
It moved WAY too fast.

After we got into it and started doing it it was actually easier to do that
I had thought it would be.  But actually seeing what is happening is an
acquired skill.

Jim "unhappy that Olympic coverage never shows fencing!" H.