Re: [HoE] Soldier [OT]

>Though I haven't seen the movie yet, I feel confident in recommending
the movie "Soldier" to anyone
>playing a Syker.  The TV commercials make it look like a pretty hollow
action movie, but the one I
>saw in the theater gives a better spin on it.  It's got some good
examples of the Combine, Sykers,
>with maybe a bit of Banshee and Savages thrown in for good measure.

   I saw Kurt Russell on Leno the other night and he went into more
detail about the plot of the film.  "Soldiers" supposedly are men who
are genetically engineered and raised and conditioned to be "perfect
weapons".   Kurt Russell's model gets outdated by a faster, stronger one
and he is left to fend for himself on a "third world" type planet.  Then
the army wants to take the planet later on and Kurt's character helps
defend it.   A twist on the movie "Solo", but hopefully much better.
    As a sidebar, the young version of Kurt in Soldier is played by his
son, who's name is- get this- Wyatt.
    In a fit to drag this back on topic, I can't really see the "Skyer"
angle, but definately the Combine since it's basically the "Big Brother"
of Hell on Earth.

-Damon Harper
      "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
		-Euripides