[HoE] A Few Questions

I just ran our first session of HOE and my players and I came up with
a few questions that I was hoping someone on the list could shed some
light on.

Okay here goes..

How do raises work?
If I have a TN of then 10 is a raise I get that much, but if I have
target # of say 7 because of range wounds etc is my raise at 12 or 10?
Some examples seem to be one way while some seem to be the other way.

Going along with this when each says you get X for each success does
that me you take the hightest die and count success and raises on that
die only or all the dice you rolled. For example, if I have a tn of 5
and I roll 3d10 getting 2, 7 , and 15. Is that 1 sucess with two
raises for the 15 or 2 success one for the 7 and  one for the 15 and
then two raises for the 15 as well?

For example when you roll quickness to get action cards do you get one
card for every success and raise on ALL your dice or do you just take
the highest die that succeeds and get cards for it?

A more specific question along these lines is with the Doomsayer power
Atomic Blast. The TN is 5 I have say 4d10 faith and I roll 5,11,6,2,
Does it do 2d10 for the 11 or does it do 310 for the 5,6,and 11.

Okay changing subjects completely now. We played hell or high water as
our adventure (Which was great by the way!) In a couple of places the
heroes have to make guts checks for seeing dead maimed bodies. My
templar player asked why he should have to make a guts to check for
seeing a dead body when he routinly maims peoples heads and guts with
his sword. His argument being that if he can spill a living persons
guts with his sword why should he be scared of a dead body. I saw his
point but being the nice GM that I am I told him he could start making
guts checks whenever he maimed someone with his sword. :) However, I
did want to get the lists opinion on this particular argument. I would
say that if you don't want to be afraid of dead bodies get a higher
guts skill, but that got me to thinking if you make your guts check
against one or even 3 dead bodies why would the fourth or fifth one
even if they were encountered in another adventure, scare you?

(Whew)

and Finally
If you are doing a called shot to say someones head with a TN 11 and
you roll an 8 do you miss completely or do you still hit but a random
location?

Thanks A Bunch!
Ryan Moore