RE: [HoE] A Few Questions

>How do raises work?
>If I have a TN of then 10 is a raise I get that much, but if I have
>target # of say 7 because of range wounds etc is my raise at 12 or 10?
>Some examples seem to be one way while some seem to be the other way.

5 higher than the target number.  Otherwise, if your TN was 11 due to
modifiers, you would automatically get a raise if you mad the check?!?!

>Going along with this when each says you get X for each success does
>that me you take the hightest die and count success and raises on that
>die only or all the dice you rolled. For example, if I have a tn of 5
>and I roll 3d10 getting 2, 7 , and 15. Is that 1 sucess with two
>raises for the 15 or 2 success one for the 7 and  one for the 15 and
>then two raises for the 15 as well?

Anytime the rules say "each success" that means on a single die.  Also, it
really means "each success plus raise.  So in your example, you would get
three successes (for the 15)

>For example when you roll quickness to get action cards do you get one
>card for every success and raise on ALL your dice or do you just take
>the highest die that succeeds and get cards for it?

Highest die...

>A more specific question along these lines is with the Doomsayer power
>Atomic Blast. The TN is 5 I have say 4d10 faith and I roll 5,11,6,2,
>Does it do 2d10 for the 11 or does it do 310 for the 5,6,and 11.

Highest die roll...

>Okay changing subjects completely now. We played hell or high water as
>our adventure (Which was great by the way!) In a couple of places the
>heroes have to make guts checks for seeing dead maimed bodies. My
>templar player asked why he should have to make a guts to check for
>seeing a dead body when he routinly maims peoples heads and guts with
>his sword. His argument being that if he can spill a living persons
>guts with his sword why should he be scared of a dead body. I saw his
>point but being the nice GM that I am I told him he could start making
>guts checks whenever he maimed someone with his sword. :) However, I
>did want to get the lists opinion on this particular argument. I would
>say that if you don't want to be afraid of dead bodies get a higher
>guts skill, but that got me to thinking if you make your guts check
>against one or even 3 dead bodies why would the fourth or fifth one
>even if they were encountered in another adventure, scare you?

hat your player said...

>and Finally
>If you are doing a called shot to say someones head with a TN 11 and
>you roll an 8 do you miss completely or do you still hit but a random
>location?

Missed!

Patrick