Re: [HoE] Re: Copyright

> Anyway, if what ya said is right, then that really pisses me off.  Me
> and some friend are tryin' to make a game and while I won't lie, PEG
> has had a big influence on it, we've gone out of our way to not step
> on any Copyright toes.  If a group of rank amatuers can do it, then
> the "Pros" at White Wolf got no excuses.

Well...first off, I believe the Crackhouse font is essentially public
domain (yeah, SOMEONE holds the copyright for it, but I don't see the
copyright police beating down PEG's door..).

Secondly, whereas PEG may be able to copyright "The Reckoners" or even
"THe Reckoning" with respect to their storyline, the White Wolf
storyline is so completely different, I think that basically the courts
would laugh at them (and, again, it would be a big expensive and utterly
STUPID lawsuit).

Thirdly, it's not The Reckoning, it's Year of the Reckoning.  Had Wasted
West been called Deadlands: The Year of the Reckoning, there might have
been more of a chance.  But it's not.

<sigh>

Marshal Nightchilde