Re: [HoE] Year of the Copyright Infringement [OT]

I wasn't suggesting that anyone sue anyone, first off.  It's a minor enough point that it's not
really worth anyone's time to do that.  And, I put Shane's name in the header because I thought he
might want to read it.  Imitation = flattery, and all.  If it's worth leaving his name in the header
for 500 replies to a meaningful post, then I think one more hit of the DELETE key won't be too
troublesome.
I was merely mentioning something I saw, and I know that PEG doesn't have the copyright on the word
"Reckoning" or the Crackhouse font.  However, I'm slightly offended at the lack of creativity on the
part of White Wolf, just as I was when a million "Supernatural creatures hiding in plain sight in a
darker, but essentially similar world to our own" showed up on the scene.  I know it's not legally
considered infringement, but it certainly gives the appearance of it.  I think that the Aeon suit
and every lawsuit that McFarlane has against people using the word Spawn is as stupid as White Wolf
using Reckoning/Crackhouse (especially when you consider that Todd originally copped the image of
Spawn from Spiderman/Venom).
So anyway, I'm not on the phone with the ACLU, nor am I going to bomb White Wolf's booth at GenCon
(well, not for THIS reason).  I just wanted to point out yet another example of PEG being in all
ways superior to White Wolf.  The End

Prince Nightchilde wrote:
> Same thing with Nightspawn for Palladium Fantasy.  Todd
> MacFarlane forced them to change the name to Nightbane because some bug
> crawled up his butt about the word "spawn."

Todd's going to have some legal troubles later on...I hear salmon have some damned good lawyers...

--
"For believers, no explanation is necessary.  For unbelievers, none shall suffice."

Richard A. Ranallo,
Elk, Mason, Communist, President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance for some reason, and Stonecutter.