CooperYoung

'Twas 23:59 -0400 on Tuesday 4/29/2003 when owner-pbmserv-users@gamerz.net
wrote:
>Don't pay any attention to old Bartdocuss.  As far as
>I know he has never played CooperYoung.
>
>However, I have played a few, and I think it is the
>greatest bluffing game to arrive on the scene since
>Liar's Poker !

I didn't say this game had no content at all, just not quite enough.  I
agree that it's like Liar's Poker or Liar's Dice.  I think all three of
them are a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

I've played bluff and deduction games -- Clue, Sleuth, some others -- and I
like that sort of game.  But CooperYoung is too thin; there's not enough
there.  It's like a 100 Meter Dash is a competition, but it's not a game.

So here is my suggested CooperYoung variant, which I will call
Hollywood:  Every move you have to go to a square a knight's move away from
your last move.  You can go to a square that you or your opponent hit
before, but obviously you won't win there.  You can even go to the square
your opponent is on.
--
RB |\  Randall Bart
aa |/  admin@RandallBart.com   Home: 1-212-965-1786   Barticus@att.net