Re: [PyrNet-L] Debate

PgSing2u wrote:

> I know I'm leaving for vacation, but just wanted to share with the list this
> information.
> On the news in Cleveland, Ohio, they are talking about having a "vicious dog
> law"
> If you own a pitbull, rottweiller, chow chow, or akitas, you would be required
> to have a $100,000 liability insurance policy on your dog.  Just wanted to
> know people's views.  I thought this would be a great debate topic.

It is. This would be great if they also did something about the idiots
that train them to be viscious. There are those few dogs that are born
that way but most are trained to be that way. I know a few chiuaha's<SP>
that I would consider more viscious than most Akita's I know. The law is
still only proposed and being fought due to the fact there isvery few
insurance companies that would provide insurance for a dog beacuse city
council says it's breed is vicious.

Lorain OH(the Mayor) is also trying to ban pit bulls and Ferrets in
light of the lastest problems but in the Ferret case - the parents were
negligent, the Ferret wasn't viscious, it was being a Ferret. The Pit
bull attacks were dogs from people that train them to be that way.

Lisa

OH - BTW, Pam, watch Chanel 5 news tonight(11pm) or maybe tommorrow.